We are all looking for a healthier and lighter option for lunch or dinner, as it is recommended not to have a single heavy meal, but rather two lighter meals. Therefore, it is recommended to split breakfast, lunch and dinner into two parts. In today's world, it is difficult to balance work and good nutrition for working women. That's why I've developed a recipe here that is healthy, easy and quick to prepare, light and tasty.
Healthy brown rice salad recipe
Served 6-8, cal / ser – 162
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1-2 spring onions – finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped (1 ½ cup)
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 teaspoon dry rosemary or thyme or a herb
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tbsp lime juice or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame (bis) – roasted light brown on tawa
- Boil 6 cups of water with 1 teaspoon of salt. Add washed brown rice. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over very low heat for about 25 minutes until the water is absorbed. Spread rice on a tray to cool.
- Using two forks, mix all of the ingredients with the chilled rice. Cover with a little toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Note: You can cook rice and keep it refrigerated. If you are in a hurry, just mix all the ingredients with rice and the salad is ready 🙂
I think it would be a great meal for those who are very busy in their life but don't want to give up their balanced diet. Try it out and don't forget to share your experience with us. 🙂
You might also like to read these healthy recipes here.
Previous articleTop Health Benefits Of Kale
Ruchi follows yoga and aerobics. She loves to cook and has taken healthy cooking classes.