In winter, soups are my favorite when it comes to food. It used to be gajar ka halwa and brownies with hot chocolate, but over time I've switched to soups, warm salads, smoothies, etc. I am sharing one of the easy soup recipes that I have had for some time during the winter. My husband likes it very much and I use the sauteed sausages for my baby food, in which I use a little black pepper instead of red chilli.
The soup is very fulfilling and here is the recipe 🙂
Here is the recipe for chicken sausages and kidney bean soup Ingredients: –
1 cup kidney beans (soaked overnight and boiled under pressure with a little salt)
Sausages – I used 4-5 chicken sausages and cut them into cubes
1 large onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter / ghee
4 chopped garlic cloves
2 large tomatoes diced
2 cups of chicken broth (or water)
Salt to taste (start with 1 teaspoon)
Red chilli powder
Garam Masala (optional)
1 chopped green chilli
Method and preparation: –
- step 2– You can put some salt and red chilli powder in and out of the pan.
- step 3 – In the same pan, add the onion, tomatoes, chopped garlic and 1 chopped green chilli in the order shown. Add some salt, red chillies, and garam masala.
- Step 4 – When all the vegetables are cooked add the chicken broth / water. I usually freeze chicken broth in an ice cream bowl and add 4-5 cubes while making the soup.
- Step 5– Add cooked kidney beans and let all things mix properly. Take out the kidney bean mixture and let it cool a little.
- Step 6– Stir the kidney beans in a blender grinder.
- Step 7 – Add the sausages and have them as a stew.
If you think the soup is a little thick, you can add more stock cubes even after grinding the kidney bean mixture. After eating this soup, you will be full for hours and your taste buds will thank you 🙂
P.S – Approximately 100 grams of Rajma contains 140 calories, 5.7 grams of protein, 5.9 grams of fat, and 17.8 grams of carbohydrates. If you are on a wheat belly and high protein diet, Rajma should be consumed in a moderate amount as the carbohydrates contained in Rajma are somewhat high. In fact, this also applies to sausages. Sausages are not allowed in the wheat belly diet because it is sausage. Instead of sausages, you can even use boiled, chopped eggs.
Hope you enjoyed that Chicken Sausages and Kidney Bean Soup Recipe (Weight loss prescription) and will definitely try it once.
You might also like these recipes: –