What happened?? Amazed or shocked ??? Ohhh … confused … how could I relate chaat to dieting? Yes, I can understand how we need to control our heart when it's just down the street chaat because our diet doesn't allow it.
So here I come with a recipe that any of you can try and hope for without worrying about calories. And why not, if New Year's celebrations are due one day?
One question by the way … could you imagine putting corn flakes in chaat instead of putting milk?
No? Here's the easy recipe for crispy, nutritious, no oil, lower calorie, and lip tasting diet chaat. Ready..?
For 5 people, cal / ser: 96
Carbohydrates / Ser: 10 g
Protein / Ser: 2.5 g
Fat / Ser: 1.09 g
- One and a half cups of corn flakes (I use Kellogs corn flakes – original flavor)
- 1 boiled potato – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup black chickpeas (cooked Kabuli or Kaala Channa)
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander – chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 1 onion – finely chopped
- some toasted cumin powder (Bhuna Jeera)
For Khatti Meethi Chutney:
- 1 tbsp amchoor powder
- 50 g of jaggery
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin
How to Prepare Heathy Diet Chaat Recipe for Weight Loss
- Mix all the chutney ingredients for the chutney. Cook. Cook for a few minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thick. Remove from the fire and set aside. (You can prepare this chutney in advance whenever you have the time and keep it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.)
- Mix potatoes, channa, chilli, onions, tomatoes with chutney in a large bowl.
- Just add the corn flakes at the time of serving. Mix quickly and easily.
- Sprinkle with toasted cumin powder and coriander leaves. Serve immediately, otherwise the cornflakes will get moist.
P .: tablespoon – tablespoon
So delicious chaat is now ready. See how it looks:
Just give it a try and I hope you will like it. Please tell me if you like it or not.
I will come up with more diet recipes soon. Until then, take care of yourself. 🙂
You are also welcome to read –
Previous articleWhy your way of partying could be wrong
Ruchi follows yoga and aerobics. She loves to cook and has taken healthy cooking classes.