The Peanut Butter Fudgesicles are creamy, smooth and sooooo chocolatey with only 4 ingredients that you can make at any time for delicious frozen enjoyment!
How to Make Fudgesicles
Making fudgesicles is so much easier than I ever thought. You only need about 5 minutes to create these. In the truest sense of the word, you just mix coconut milk, cocoa powder, honey and peanut butter together.
By making your own goodies at home, kids feel like they can eat sweet things, and you can control the ingredients and improve the nutrition in the foods they love to eat! These are sweetened with a small amount of honey and the sugar content per pop is pretty low. This is a great way to satisfy your children's sweet tooth and help them develop a taste for things that are less sweet.
What is a fudgesicle made of?
The chocolate flavor in these fudge articles comes from cocoa powder. I love using cocoa powder because it gives a chocolaty taste in recipes and has health benefits as well. Just 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder contains a significant amount of iron, manganese, magnesium and zinc. What do these minerals do for us?
- Iron helps make red blood cells and is important for your immune system.
- Manganese is part of enzymes that make cartilage and bones, metabolize nutrients, and act as antioxidants in every cell in your body.
- Magnesium helps produce energy and maintain a normal heart rhythm.
- Zinc is important for the production and development of new cells, including cells of the immune system. Without enough zinc, the number of bacteria-fighting cells decreases and you become more susceptible to disease.
We added peanut butter to this version to make it extra smooth and creamy with added protein. Plus – peanut butter and chocolate go perfectly together!
This recipe calls for coconut milk because it freezes so much smoother than regular milk. You can definitely substitute whole milk instead if you prefer!
Instead of buying fudgesicles from the sugar-laden store, make it yourself at home and enjoy a nutritional boost!
More of our favorite homemade popsicle recipes
- 1 Cup Coconut milk
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoon Peanut butter, all natural
Calories: 140kcal | Carbohydrates: 19thG | Protein: 4thG | Fat: 8thG | Saturated fatty acids: 2G | Sodium: 53mg | Fiber: 2G | Sugar: 14thG