Working out the triceps is essential as they have the massive muscle on the limb, located on the back of the arm. But if you are not someone who goes to the gym often, you do not have to worry about finding a potential workout to do at home.
Skull crushers are one of the most useful exercises when it comes to working the triceps. These mainly focus on the long head of the triceps that stabilizes your shoulder joint and prevents it from any movement. Let us check out how this exercise can come to your rescue in need. Make sure to follow the instructions carefully to do this exercise like an expert.
All about the skull crusher form for you
Skull crushers are not only beneficial for improved strength and triceps. They are also useful for helping you perform better push-ups, enhanced grip strength and doing triceps with minimal hassle. Also known as lying triceps extension, skull crushers can bring instant results to you when in need. Yes, performing a skull crusher is indeed a daunting task. However, if you hit the right buttons, you will not be far from acing it.
The bodyweight skull crusher is one of the best skull crusher exercise to perform for the best benefits every day. You can also perform the one with dumbbells if you are looking to build strong muscles in no time. When you practice the exercises, make sure that your focus is on following the instructions. If you go wrong, you might even end up having injuries on your body. So, set your priority accordingly.
How to do the bodyweight skull crusher?
The bodyweight skull crusher is a hands-down exercise to perform whenever you want at home. This one is an exercise that you can conveniently perform anywhere you go as it requires minimal equipment.
All you need is a workout tool or a sturdy chair that won’t move while you are performing the exercise. Making sure that the equipment stands firm while you are working out is essential so that you do not end up with bodily injuries. Also, remember to opt for a platform that is higher for you. If the platform is high, you will find it more convenient to perform the exercise without any problems.
1. Put your hands on the platform. Make sure you are doing this at shoulder-width apart. For this, place yourself in a push-up position and put your shoulders behind your hand.
2. Now, brace your core and pull your shoulders downwards. Try to push it back for the utmost stability.
3. Try to keep your body firm and straight. Bend your arms while keeping them tucked into the side of the body. While you do this, keep in mind that your upper arm is mostly still. Your elbows should be the only joint moving.
4. Now, without dropping your hips or losing core tension, extend your arms and push yourself back into the starting position.
5. Perform the bodyweight skull crusher exercise regularly to gain its best results.
How to do the dumbbell skull crusher?
The dumbbell skull crusher is one such exercise that will start to show its benefits in the early stages in itself. It is a hands-down method of sculpting your triceps and building muscles without any stress. By performing this exercise regularly, you can gain stronger triceps, triceps isolation and minimal stress on the wrists. As a result, your body will feel more active and minimal hassle can change the game for you. All you need is a pair of dumbbells for this exercise.
1. Lie down on a flat bench with your feet firmly on the floor.
2. Hold the dumbbells above your chest and let your palms face each other. At this point, you should also try and engage the core.
3. Now, hinge your elbows gently from their fixed position. Bring the dumbbells down near your ear and inhale slowly.
4. contract your triceps to extend your arms back into the starting position. Now, breathe out.
5. Repeat the dumbbell skull crusher many times until you gain the desired effects on your body.
How to add the skull crusher form into your routine?
For those who are planning to do the bodyweight skull crusher, they must do it only once or twice a week for best results. Since they are intense exercise, you do not want to cause injuries to your body by doing it more often.
For the people who want to do the dumbbell skull crusher, at least 3 to 4 sets of 10 to 15 reps is sufficient for you. You can also grab heavier dumbbells at your comfort and perform the exercise in 3 to 4 sets of 6 to 8 reps. It is all up to your convenience.
1. What mistakes should I avoid while doing the skull crusher with dumbbells?
Most people tend to flare their elbows a lot. Try to avoid such a thing to prevent yourself from any injury. Excessive movement of your shoulders can also lead to many health risks. So, please avoid doing that. These are some of the things you should avoid doing while you are performing the dumbbell skull crusher.
2. Are there any variations for bodyweight skull crushers?
TRX Bodyweight skull crusher and weighted body skull crusher are some of the best exercises to perform at home.
3. Can I use a box to perform the bodyweight exercise?
Yes, make sure that the box is firm enough to stand still while you perform the exercise. Thus, opt for a heavy one.
The skull crusher exercise is a hands-down way of improving your triceps and gaining strong muscles. Try this exercise at home and grab its benefits immediately. We promise; you will not be disappointed.