I'm here today to talk about amla and its health benefits. Before that, let me share something with you. I was not hungry one evening and felt very heavy; I told my mom I wasn't going to have dinner. She asked me to have a piece of the amla cucumber she had made. You won't believe it, but after twenty minutes I was hungry enough to have my full serving 🙂 !!! So it can be proven that amla is indeed a good starter !!
The Indian gooseberry, rich in vitamin C, has so many health benefits, read on:
10 health benefits of Indian gooseberry / amla
- Helps Lower Cholesterol – Amla lowers bad cholesterol and increases the concentration of good cholesterol.
- Prevents Cancer – With antioxidant properties, it prevents cancer cells from growing. The fruit extract can prevent cancer by helping the body fight the harmful effects of cancer-causing chemicals and stunting the further growth of the affected cells.
- Helps You Lose Weight – Bring Your Ears Close, Amla is Known to Help You Lose Weight! It lowers the fat content in the body. Poor metabolism is the main reason for obesity. Amla has the ability to inhibit the effects of things that slow your metabolism down. So don't forget to include it in your diet. It is best to consume the juice first thing in the morning.
- It's good for your hair too. If you want luscious long locks, you should seriously think about including them in your diet. The goodness of amla is why several hair oils have amla as their main ingredient. Both external and internal use are beneficial. Amla helps with hair regrowth, prevents premature graying of hair and reduces split ends.
- Helpful for diabetic patients. Amla stimulates the isolated group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin. Thus, it is effective in controlling blood sugar levels.
- It promotes digestion. Amla improves appetite and kindles the digestive fires, both of which are at the core of healthy digestion. It cleanses and protects the liver. It improves food intake, helping you get the most out of the food you eat. It helps the body digest food better and absorb minerals (iron). A healthy digestive system makes you healthy, doesn't it?
- Makes the skin healthier. Amla provides anti-aging benefits, cleanses the skin, and treats oily skin. It helps improve the entire complexion.
- It improves memory and the body's central nervous system.
- Relieves stress and heals sleep disorders such as insomnia. Seems like a great way out to reduce the infinite stress in our life!
You can have it fresh (raw) in the form of cucumber and chutneys as juice or dry powder. So, go ahead and treat yourself to 🙂
Stay fit and take care!
Image source: 1, 2, 3
You are also welcome to read –
Previous articleBenefits of Drinking Tender Coconut Water
Vinita writes very passionately about health and well-being. She was referred to as a skeleton at school but was able to put on 17 kg during graduation. However, she is still looking for her ideal weight!