The Christmas season is always a reason to get excited, celebrate, meet relatives and friends, exchange gifts, and tempt food and sweets.
Aaahh !! Tempting foods and sweets can be a cause of guilt and weight gain during the holiday season. 🙁 but what to do, she cannot ignore and those with a sweet tooth cannot resist candy.
Here is a sweet whole grain apple walnut jaggery cake recipe that can help balance your diet and the sweet temptation of this festive season.
Healthy Whole Wheat Apple Walnut Jaggery Cake Recipe:
The amount of oil used is very small and its absence was covered by the use of yogurt. Jaggery is a healthy alternative to sugar. Apples add to the sweetness so we can use less jaggery in the recipe. These are low in calories and nutritious.
For 10 people; Cal / ser 154
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (atta)
- 75 g jaggery (gur) – grated (1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 apple peeled and mashed (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 apple peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 1 and 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (Meetha Soda)
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- a small loaf tin
Preparation method –
- Mix jaggery and yogurt well with an electric mixer until it becomes smooth and no longer lumpy.
- Add olive oil. Beat well until everything is well mixed.
- Sift whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking powder. Add to the yogurt mixture. Beat the dough for 2-3 minutes until it is smooth and fluffy.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water to get a soft drop consistency. Beat well.
- Add essence, cinnamon and mashed apple and half of the walnuts. Put in the greased can.
- Scatter the grated apples and a few walnuts on top. Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
- Cool the cake and cut it into pieces.
And the fantastic scent of apple pie lets you know when it will be ready. Enjoy the cake with hot coffee !!
So this is the healthy and sweeter option for this festive season with no more resistance. Throw away the candy your relatives and friends got for you and you have this cake. Don't forget to share the cake with everyone and experience it with us 🙂
You are also welcome to read –
Previous articleChia seeds and weight loss
Ruchi follows yoga and aerobics. She loves to cook and has taken healthy cooking classes.