The week after your child gets braces, their mouth may be particularly sensitive. I have a free meal plan with recipes to work with, but the whole family will enjoy it too!
What foods are good to eat after getting braces?
Getting braces won't hurt, but your child's mouth will likely be tender for a few days to a week after the appointment. Your child will likely need to learn how to chew differently. So eating softer foods first will help you adapt.
Here are some ideas for foods to eat after getting braces:
- Mashed potatoes
- scrambled eggs
- Berries (berries, bananas)
- Soft cheese
- boiled or soft vegetables
- moist desserts
Which foods should you avoid with braces?
- Hard nuts, sweets, hard fruits (such as apples and pears)
- Hard vegetables (such as carrots and corn on the cob)
- Taco bowls
- Pizza crust
- Sticky stuff like taffy, chewing gum, caramels
- Foods that are high in acidity that can cause discoloration, such as lemons, limes, and sodas.
Printable braces meal plan
Click on the image below to open this menu in a new tab. The links are clickable and you can also print.