Proteins are the building block of the body. They are very important for the body's metabolism. Our body is exposed to constant wear and tear, which requires amino acids for the energy and regeneration of new cells. Every single part, be it hair, nails, skin, bones, blood, all need proteins. Read on to learn more about the Indian Table of High Protein, Low Carbohydrate Foods for Weight Loss.
Proteins are stored as muscles that break down when we need fuel for energy. There is a constant need for energy, so it is very important to maintain muscle integrity. Good quality protein intake every day helps maintain our muscle storage. The protein requirement increases with age.
Functions of protein:
- Blood cells transport all nutrients throughout the body via the circulation. Proteins are an important part of the structure that make up these blood cells, which are used as the carrier medium for the nutrients. The digestion and absorption of nutrients also takes place via these protein-based transporters.
- Our body carries various metabolic processes in the body. These vital processes need enzymes as catalysts to run the process efficiently. These enzymes are based on proteins.
- While we sleep, our body produces melatonin, which helps repair our cells and regenerate tissues. Every few days our skin is rejuvenated and free radicals are constantly being removed from the body. Such wear and tear in the body requires proteins.
- Hormones are based on protein. These hormones perform various activities and keep our body's metabolism going.
Why is protein an essential part of the diet?
- Protein is made up of smaller units known as amino acids.
- Of the 22 amino acids, 9 are considered "essential". They are important because the body cannot produce them. You have to deliver it through the diet.
- Rest can be established in the body itself with an adequate and continuous supply of high quality protein.
What is the daily need for protein:
The daily protein requirement is 0.8 – 1 gram per kg of body weight. However, there are studies showing that eating a high protein diet helps with weight loss and has other health benefits.
Types of proteins available:
- First class proteins: These are complete proteins. They contain all the amino acids the body needs. All types of animal proteins are first class proteins. For example poultry and eggs, fish, milk and dairy products.
- Second class proteins: These are the sources that are missing 1 or more amino acids. All vegetable proteins are second class proteins. For example dals, legumes, cereals, millet, soy, nuts and oil seeds.
How can you improve protein effectiveness in your diet?
- Include at least 1 premium protein in your meal
- In the absence of top-class protein, combine two or more second-class proteins in a correct combination
High protein intake and weight loss:
There are studies (Research 1, Research 2) that support the high protein intake theory which has been linked to effective results in terms of appetite, metabolic rate, weight, and body composition.
Proteins that control appetite and abundance in the stomach after meals:
Researchers suggest that a high-protein diet suppresses hunger after meals. It also reduces appetite in the following meal. Proteins release the hormone Ghrelin this signals the brain to reduce hunger pangs. It keeps the stomach full for a longer period of time and gives a feeling of fullness after meals. This indirectly leads to lower food intake and lower calorie intake. A lower calorie intake leads to weight loss, as the body gets into a negative energy balance. Read – How Can You Control Food Cravings?
Protein and Metabolic Rate:
High protein foods require extra effort to be digested, metabolized, and absorbed. This causes the body to burn more calories just by digesting the proteins. The more protein the more calories are burned. Studies show that it increases your metabolism by 20-35%. Read – How To Increase Metabolism.
Proteins for Weight Loss and Body Composition Improvement:
Several studies show that increasing protein intake promotes weight and fat loss. The protein metabolism breaks down fat as fuel. This indirectly leads to fat loss in the body. Even with high protein intake, the relative carbohydrate intake is reduced. Less carbohydrates in the diet mean less circulating sugar and less fat deposition. Protein may not play a direct role in fat loss, but it certainly helps burn fat and causes a loss of inches.
Along with fat loss, the proteins do not lead to muscle loss. It is more likely to help gain muscle mass. With increasing muscle mass, the metabolic rate remains high for a longer period of time. This also prevents the slowdown in metabolism that can be caused by decreased caloric intake.
Indian High Protein Low Carb Food Table For Weight Loss
Some key points to keep in mind to keep a table of high protein, low carbohydrate foods for weight loss:
- Calculate the protein requirement: The protein must be precisely tailored to your body weight and requirements. Otherwise the effect is not very significant. For the exact amount you can multiply your weight by 0.8-1 gram of protein, depending on your requirements. To do this, you need help from a certified expert.
- Include both animal and vegetable proteins in your diet: It is a must to include both top and grade protein in your diet. It gives your body the ability to use any type of amino acid found in food.
- Choose quality protein sources: Choose 50% of protein calories from the good source or top-notch proteins. The remaining 50% should come from vegetable protein.
- Eating balanced meals: Balance your high protein foods with vegetables and fruits. A diet high in protein may contain fiber. Thus, fruits and vegetables provide the daily recommendation of fiber. This will help prevent gas, gas, and constipation.
Indian High Protein Low Carb Food Table For Weight Loss::
Early morning: 1 cup of warm water with 1 teaspoon soaked methi seeds (soaked overnight).
Breakfast: 1 cup of tea (no sugar) or coffee (no sugar) + 4 mung dal paddu with 1 cup of sambar and coconut chutney or 1 small egg white omelette (2 egg whites to use) OR 2 mung dal chillas with green chutney.
Having lunch: 1 cup vegetable salad + 2 flour chapati flour + 1 cup vegetables + 1 cup dal / legume + 1 cup quark / 100 g chicken / 100 g fish / 2 egg whites
Afternoon: 1 glass of thin buttermilk
Eve: 1 cup of green tea + 1 cup of sprouts or ½ cup of tossed / grilled paneer cubes
Dinner: 1 cup of vegetable soup with 4 pieces of Dhokla OR chicken salad or chicken soup.
Bedtime: Soaked nuts and dried fruits (4 almonds + 1 apricot + 1 fig)
High Proteins Low Carb Atkins Diet Plan eBook For Weight Loss:
Atkins Diet Plan For Weight Loss ebook is a comprehensive guide to 1 month diet table to lose 8-10 kg weight. The Atkins Diet has 4 phases. Each phase can be followed for 1 week or 2 weeks depending on your weight loss goal. The Atkins Diet is a high protein, high fiber, moderate fat, and low carbohydrate diet that, just like the keto diet, supports fat loss. The only difference is that it is easier to follow than keto and contains a lot more foods than the keto diet allows. We have simplified the Atkins Diet for every Indian household kitchen. Read more about this book.
BUY NOW (Rs 599)
The ability of proteins to suppress hunger, increase feeling of satiety after meals, and increase metabolic rate helps with weight loss. Maintaining muscle mass helps in weight loss and in improving body composition. A balanced and well-planned meal is the key to guaranteed weight loss. Hope this Indian high protein low carbohydrate food table for weight loss.