Naturally sweet and creamy, chocolate almond ice cream comes together in just a few minutes and is a great treat to make from your stash of frozen bananas!
Tips for Making Homemade Ice Cream
- Tip 1: If your recipe calls for frozen bananas, don’t waste any time slicing the bananas before you freeze them. Even after they are frozen, they are still soft enough to break into smaller pieces before you put them into your food processor.
- Tip 2: Use a few add ins. Frozen fruit and nut/seed butters are fun to pair together. Frozen sweet cherries are one of my absolute summer favorites. My kids love peanut butter and chocolate paired together. For this recipe, wait to put in your add-ins until your bananas are a little crumbly and aren’t quite creamy yet. (Check out the pic.)
- Tip 3: Serve immediately. Like, seriously soon, Mama! The bananas start to thaw as soon as you take them out of the freezer. The moment you’ve reached your creamy texture remove the blade and hand everyone a spoon. If you aren’t quite ready, then freeze the scoops individually on a piece of parchment and serve when everyone is ready to nosh.
You can also store it in a freezer safe container. This recipe will freeze hard, but softens up quickly and then you can scoop it.
This version of instant ice cream is decadent and can be whipped together in moments from your stash of frozen bananas. Give my Instant Chocolate Almond Ice Cream Recipe a try for your next easy dessert!
More of our Favorite Homemade Ice Cream Recipes:
- 4 medium bananas
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoon almonds, sliced
Break frozen bananas in half and place in bowl of food processor.
Pulse for about a minute, or until the bananas have a crumbly texture.
Add the almond butter and cocoa powder and replace the cover.
Blend for another minute, or until the texture is uniformly smooth.
Serve immediately with toasted almonds or freeze individual scoops on parchment paper until ready to serve.
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 4mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 16g