Many of us go to the gym on an empty stomach. If you exercise on an empty stomach, you may not have enough energy to exercise. We need to have a pre-workout meal 30-45 minutes before training.
Carbohydrates are digested faster than fat or protein. Eating too much fat or protein, or even a meal with large carbohydrates two hours before a workout, will promote blood flow to the stomach, not the muscles. Carbohydrates are used up quickly during exercise, usually in the first 25 to 30 minutes. Then the body burns fat for fuel to keep going.
Therefore, a pre-workout snack is extremely important. Let's find out what to eat before training.
Best pre-workout foods
- A slice of whole wheat toast. You can use peanut butter.
- A piece of whole fruit. I think Apple is the best because I can bring it to the office 🙂
- A couple of whole grain crackers
- 1/2 cup of brown rice with a dash of oil
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal with a few raisins. You can have it with skim milk.
- Small glass of 100 percent juice
If you exercise in the morning then you have –
- A protein shake
- 1 cup of raspberries
Do you know any other pre-workout foods? Share with us! I'll also make a list of good post-workout foods!
Take care of yourself 🙂
You are also welcome to read –
Previous articleHealth Benefits of Drinking Warm Lemon Water in the Morning
A girl next door who ignored her health for studies is now seeking a healthy life in a leaner body and sharing her journey online.