Chia seeds have become the talk of the town. Everyone seems to be raving about it. I'm not sure if it will help you lose weight or not as I haven't used it. If you've benefited from this, please let us know in the comments section below.
I researched chia seeds and planned to include them in my diet.
Some of the health benefits of chia seeds are –
- Regulating Blood Sugar – Chia seeds can regulate insulin levels. Blessings for Diabats!
- Antioxidants – Chia seeds are very durable thanks to the antioxidants they contain. So now we know two other great antioxidants – brown rice and chia seeds, aside from the famous green tea.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids – Just like flax seeds, chia seeds are rich in
Omega-3 fatty acids, due to which they help lower cholesterol.
- Fiber – Chia seeds are extremely good, pretty good in fiber – 10 grams in 2 tablespoons.
- Calcium, Phophorus, Manganese – all good things packed!
- Gluten Free – Chia seeds do not contain gluten or grain. Gluten-intolerant people can therefore easily consume them.
- Egg Replacement – Now here's the good news for vegetarians. Mix 1 tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of water. Keep the error unchanged for 15 minutes. The outer layer of the chia seeds swells in water and forms a gel. You can use this gel in your foods just like egg whites.
- Can be Digested Whole – Flaxseed is said to need to be ground for better digestion. Chia seeds can be consumed straight away.
For weight loss –
Ideally, any food that is high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids is good for weight loss. I found a study by David Nieman, DrPH, a professor at Appalachian State University in North Carolina. He reveals that there was no effect of chia seeds on the weight of the participants in 12 weeks.
I would suggest including chia seeds in your meals to improve your overall health, but don't expect miracles in your weight loss 🙂!
You might also like to read 🙂
Previous articleBest pre-workout foods
A girl next door who ignored her health for studies is now seeking a healthy life in a leaner body and sharing her journey online.