Aerobics, also known as cardio, is a physical exercise that includes low to moderate intensity exercises that use the oxygen in the air to increase the body's energy levels. It increases the heart rate and makes the muscles work. Blood flows through the veins to supply oxygen to the lungs. Aerobics requires quick hand and arm movements.
Aerobics increase the efficiency and capacity of the lungs when the required oxygen levels are increased, leading to healthy lungs and reducing the risk of a heart attack by making the heart stronger. It increases energy levels and decreases stress levels, resulting in good mental and physical health.
Aerobics and weight loss
Extra pounds can be lost through calorie deficit. If you use more calories than you use, weight will be lost. For example, if you run at a moderate pace for an hour and lose 300 calories, you can use these tricks to burn more calories and lose weight. Just exercise doesn't help you lose weight. A review of calorie consumption is required.
There are a few things to keep in mind when doing aerobics:
- It should be continued for 30-60 minutes, 3-5 days a week.
- Security measures should be considered.
- Ask your doctor first.
- Meet your cardiovascular goals.
- Aerobic exercise involves large muscles.
- Enjoy your activity.
Aerobic exercise includes walking, jogging, skipping ropes, and bike rides. These are easy to use when doing aerobics outdoors. Gyms also organize aerobics classes if you want to work out indoors. Try treadmill, cross trainer, exercise bike, stairmaster. Top Some Aerobic Exercises In Detail:
- Walking: It is the easiest exercise, both indoors and outdoors. Anyone can start walking and lose weight easily. If you walk at a moderate pace for 30-60 minutes 3-5 days a week, you can lose enough weight. You can walk in the park, on the treadmill, in a mall, along the streets, or park your vehicle a few miles from the destination and walk towards the destination.
- Jogging: A very fit person can jog instead of running or jog and run in between. It can be done indoors and outdoors. Jogging in a stationary position can be done indoors. Jogging at a moderate speed has been shown to be more beneficial.
- Cycling: Cycling is another easy and convenient activity that anyone can do and lose weight. Beginners will have a little problem in continuing the activity for the desired time, but slowly and gradually the time for the activity could be increased with exercise. Cycling can be done indoors with a bicycle machine and outdoors with a moving bicycle. Note: People with knee problems should avoid jogging and cycling.
- Swimming: Those who can swim can lose weight while having fun, and those who do not know take part in lessons. If you don't like exercising but want to lose weight, swimming is your best option. Beginners will have to practice a lot to reach the target period. One can easily reach the target heart rate by swimming. Note: People with heart problems should consult their doctor first.
- Dance: Now this is a more fun and enjoyable way to lose. Groove your body to the rhythm of the music and lose. You can take dance classes or just play music and get started. Those who get bored with the exercises can take a break and dance. This won't interfere with your workout and will burn calories.
- Using Stairs: If you don't want to pay for the gym that you still want to lose, add this simple exercise to your routine. Stop using elevators in offices or homes and use stairs. If you are already a member of the gym or want to become a member, you can always use Stairmaster equipment in the gym to perform the activity.
Before doing any of these aerobic activities, you need to warm up and stretch. It is very important to do them before the exercises to avoid pulling the muscles and to perform the exercises smoothly. Here are some tips for stretching as it is just as important as doing exercises. You can follow any of these or a group of these:
- Stand up straight with your toes touching. Take a deep breath and raise both arms straight up. Exhale and bring both arms down and try to touch your feet without bending your knees.
- Open your legs shoulder width apart and inhale, lift your arm up, exhale and try to touch your left feet with your right hand and then your right feet with your left hand. Do this for another 2 minutes.
- Inhale, take both arms up, straighten your body up with your arms raised up and try to stand on your toes, do it for 2 minutes.
- Stand up straight and touch your toes. Inhale and bring both hands up, join hands and stretch. Exhale and bend to the right as far as you can. Do the same on the left.
Have fun training 🙂
You are also welcome to read –