Yo! I'm back with another post on Health Benefit. This time it's none other than my favorite – papaya. Why Favorite? You could ask!
- First, its filling. Whenever I feel full and don't have room for dinner in my stomach, I treat myself to papaya.
- Second, papaya is available all year round, no seasonal nakhras at all: P.
- Third, it's a negative calorie fruit. Read about foods with negative calories here.
10 health benefits of papaya
1. It is great for both skin and hair. I love Biotique papaya scrub. Lolz, I got this beauty infection from my friends.
2. Low in calories (only 39 Kcal / 100 g) and contains no cholesterol.
3. Rich source of phyto-nutrients, minerals and vitamins.
4. Papaya contains essential B-complex vitamins – vitamin B-6, vitamin B-1, folic acid and riboflavin. These vitamins are urgently needed as they play a very important role in metabolism.
5. Potassium is another treat in papaya – 257 mg per 100 g. I am not going to repeat the importance of potassium! If you haven't read it, check out another post here.
6. Rich in vitamins A and C, prevents minor illnesses such as colds and flu. Papaya may not taste like citrus, but yes, it is high in vitamin C!
7. Boosts immunity
8. Its fiber! That's why it's filling.
9. Aids digestion. If you are constipated, include 3-4 slices of papaya in your dinner and you will have normal bowel movements. No Chi Chi is allowed at this point 😛
10. Keeps cancer and heart disease away!
Are you waiting for me to say papaya is great for weight loss? It's a big YES! Check out the nutritional value of papaya!
Do you swear to eat papaya?
Image source – 1, 2
You are also welcome to read –